Monday 25 June 2012

Reading progress

Last time I posted about reading, we had been working through the Songbirds series from Oxford Reading Tree. Harry started referring to it as 'that stupid reading book' so I decided to put it to one side for now! He has, however, been racing through Reading Eggs in the last couple of weeks and we have also been working through the printed sheets that accompany each online lesson. I like the worksheets as they reinforce and revise what he has learned and also incorporate some writing practice.


He is reliably spotting sight words and reading simple sentences quite fluently, which incorporate the sounds we have covered so far, such as: 


Sam is sad.
Sam can see the bee.
Sam had a cap.
I can see the bees.


He really seems to be enjoying it at the moment and I am pleased with his progress.

No comments:

Post a Comment