Saturday 20 April 2013

Reading aloud

We have started our first long read aloud book - this one...


I have been asking Harry for a couple of months if he would like me to read it to him but he hasn't wanted to until yesterday! I am really pleased as I was an Enid Blyton fan as a child and there is a new exhibition based on her work opening at Seven Stories soon.

We only started it yesterday and have read 60 pages already so I think it's safe to say Harry is enjoying it. I think he would have listened to the whole thing by now if my voice could manage and we didn't have Peter to look after too!

I love reading to my children, it's often one of my favourite parts of the day and I hope they want to be read to for many years, even when they can confidently read themselves.

No comments:

Post a Comment