Thursday 22 August 2013

A walk along Newcastle Quayside

We went to The Sage Gateshead to pay for Harry's music class today and had a lovely walk around the Quayside. Stuart and I used to live there before having children so we know it well. We walked over the Millenium Bridge and Harry noticed the writing on the Tyne Bridge. It is to mark the upcoming Bupa Great North Run. The last time we saw the Tyne Bridge decorated it was with the Olympic Rings.


We visited The Sage and then walked back round over the Swing Bridge (in the background).


The boys played for over an hour on the 'beach' (complete with complimentary deckchairs and buckets and spades) that is on the Quayside during summer. I always seem to carry lots of small toys around with me that have made their way into my handbag at various times and today they found a use - a small truck was driven through the sand and three little pigs were fed sand pig food! 




Harry spotted the bridges on the map and I was pleased he remembered the name of the River Tyne. I think it is important to know about your own environment and this is his! 

No comments:

Post a Comment